Saturday, September 1, 2012

Happy First Day of September

My favorite seasons are the transitional ones - spring and fall. I always greet the fall season with mixed emotions, sad that the carefree days of summer are ending and excited to start school and revel in the cooler weather. This time around, the upcoming season is bittersweet as I won't be returning to school next week. I'm flooded with reminders of how my friends are returning to campus and starting a new semester. Alas, I'm still looking forward to a new fall wardrobe including leather boots, chunky sweaters, and light scarves, pumpkin spiced lattes, pumpkin flavored anything, apple picking and pies, and multi-colored tree leaves to name a few.
This was taken last year in the Binghamton Nature Preserve. My how I miss it!
I'm off to spend my Saturday in Long Island with a cute boy before he gets whisked back to school.  
Happy Labor Day!

No comments: