Thursday, February 24, 2011

Notes From A Fashion Studentessa: Ferragamo Museum

Ciao Beauties,


For my fashion class earlier today, I had to present an assignment on current fashion news. I chose a review from London Fashion Week that is stating that the unknown designer, Erdem, potentially lined up to design Kate Middleton's wedding dress. It turned out that I was to present next week as the class was going on a trip to the Salavtore Ferragamo Museum. It was just a couple of blocks down from our classroom - I can't believe how close our classroom is to all of these high fashion stores. 


A photo album of family photos
Tres Chic Scarves
The museum was fabulous! However, it wasn't what I expected; I thought I'd be looking at dozens of displays of shoes but instead it was a bunch of rooms that explained the history of Ferragamo's family and his business, videos of how a shoe is perfectly crafted, interactive displays where you can see various videos of premiers and commentaries on the shoes, a mini movie theater where it had three short films, and displays of some of his famous shoes (the Cinderella glass slipper from the1998 movie, Ever After was on display as well as a red heel that Nicole Kidman wore in the 2008 movie Australia - I got to touch that one!)
Nicole Kidman's shoe from the movie Australia

A shoe designed for the lovely Audrey Hepburn

The glass slippers used in Ever After


An interactive display

Sorry for the blurriness!
Next week, we will be viewing the film"Louis Vuitton and Marc Jacobs" and will be visiting the Louis Vuitton store. 

Ciao For Now!

Eternally yours,
Stephanie

1 comment:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Talk about loving life! How awesome is this! So glad you are having a blast and sharing it with us :)