Sunday, May 16, 2010

Outlet Shopping

Hello Darlings,

Yesterday, a bunch of my family and I went to the Riverhead Outlets in Long Island and although they had a lot of great stores with awesome and inexpensive items, I only grabbed a few. I went in with a list of specific things that I was looking for, hoping that would stop me from just browsing and picking up stuff I don't need. As much as I love shopping without lists and picking up whatever piques my fancy, I felt I needed to take this approach so that way I knew what I wanted beforehand and could keep my eye out for it. Well, I couldn't really find anything on the list so I abandoned it in my bag and just browsed. Here's what I found:

Riverhead Outlets are outlets that have more affordable chains while Woodbury Commons have the high-end outlets. Woodbury is a lot of fun to go to because I love to window shop and think that one day I'll be able to buy these gorgeous items. We usually stop by Woodbury Commons when I come home from school because it is located in between Binghamton and New York City. But yesterday was all about the affordable outlets. We went into a dozen stores and I found some great deals at Aerie and Victoria's Secret.

From Victoria's Secret:

  • Striped Silky Shorts ($2.99)
  • Foot Softening Kit with Organic Cotton Knee Socks ($4.50)
  • Thigh High Stockings with Lace ($0.99)

From Aerie:

  • Orange Lace Boyshorts ($1.95)
  • Green Flowered Tube Top ($15.00)

As great and fabulous as these deals were, I really believe that outlet shopping is a hit or miss and it all depends on the time of year you go which is why it is ALWAYS swamped during the Christmas season. But for a lazy spring day, I'm glad with my purchases. :)

Have a Lovely Day!

9 comments:

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun shopping!! They're fab deals!! xoxoxoxo

Couture Carrie said...

Yay for outlet shopping!
Fun purchases!

xoxox,
CC

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Its always great to get a deal!

Maddy said...

I love outlet shopping, especially when the weather is nice! We have several in my area, but I've heard a lot about the Woodbury Commons. I'll have to trek out there someday to check it out!

daisychain said...

hurrah for outlets!

Anna Jane said...

Lovely buys! I love outlets. We have an outlet place near here too which sells Guess, Ralph Lauren, Levis... the works. Fabulous when you want to add some labels without the hefty price tag involved!

- Anna Jane xxx
(PixelatedBlonde.com)

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ooh, fabulous finds! I will definitely have to give outlet shopping a whirl one of these days!! :)

S.Elisabeth said...

AH this sounds amazing! I wish we had a Victoria's Secret Outlet!
And I always intend to go shopping with a list, but it's usually abandoned! haha

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Ohhhhhh, I haven't been outlet shopping in forever. Jealous!