Monday, December 5, 2011

Welcome To My Humble Abode

 This past weekend has been a really rough one. Without going into too much detail, it was just an extremely overwhelming couples of days that put me in a damper mood. Despite the circumstances and the feelings of inadequacy, I have tried to remain calm and optimistic and see the good that it has brought - no matter how much it sucks, it is important for bad things to be called to attention in order to reexamine your position and figure out ways to deal with it. Hopefully things will get sorted out within the next couples of days so that next semester flies by a bit easier. While I know at times, life can seem like an uphill slope, the best advice I can give myself is to remember that it is impossible to make and keep everyone happy, so if you do what you feel and know is right for yourself and for anything that you are in charge of, it is the only way you can go to sleep at night satisfied with yourself.




Anyways, I felt like a little venting does a mind good. Now onto the more fun stuff! I've been living in my apartment going on three months now and I have remembered that I haven't yet introduced it to my blog! I'll be showing just my room as the rest of the place is pretty messy. My room in this apartment is so much bigger than my original house and while I'm still in the process of decorating the walls, I've done a fairly good job at keeping things cleaned and organized with the exception of those times where I just don't have the time to clean..
I just took off my leaf garland after I got back from Thanksgiving break last week.





Well, I am off to finish my third paper of the week and to get a head start on studying for Thursday's final. Tomorrow I have a study party with my friend at her apartment where we are going to eat gyros, make a list of things to do over winter break together and to study (of course!)


Good luck to everyone who has finals within the next few weeks!

10 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Love that comforter!

xoxox,
CC

Closet Fashionista said...

Hehe fun, I love the little glimpse into your life! Yay for Jiminy (or however you spell it) ! :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Abby said...

I LOVE the Paris theme you have going on, esp that Paris bag in your closet! I hope things get easier soon. I know finals always bring on the stress!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Sorry that you've been having a rough time. Seems like you have a positive outlook, though, and that helps a lot!

Erica said...

very nice!
Do you have good luck with the bumble and bumble line? It's one of the only brands that I haven't tried yet, but I've heard good things!
Great blog, following :)

Linda Hamouie said...

Oh cute!! Love the pics!! Xoxo

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ohmigosh the tote bag in your closet - the one with the Eiffel Tower...I NEED that!

Good luck with Finals, Stephanie! Mine are next week. Until then...research projects galore to write! :/

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Your comforter is so pretty!

ellie's desk said...

I hope things get better! Love the comforter..and I'm glad your closet looks so organized. Mine..is not.

Thanks for the note.

Cathie said...

Keep up the positive attitude girl! I'm in a rough patch now myself, but you're right --positivity is the way to get out of it! *hugs*

I'm loving the cute little pumpkin on your 'dresser'.

P.S. I know you asked about how the ballet workout dvds were -- I have put up a review post: hope it is helpful, and if you try it out, let me know how you like it! :)

http://www.misscathie.com/2011/12/10/miss-cathie-reviews-the-ballet-beautiful-method-by-mary-helen-bowers/