Friday, December 16, 2011

Some Favorite Christmas Movies

Certain things make people feel nostalgic. A particular smell, for instance, can bring anyone back to a time or place, sometimes it can even bring up a certain feeling. Movies for me are nostalgic, especially around Christmas times. When I watch the above films, most of them bring me back to a certain place of being younger and watching them with my brother and sister. With the exception of the newest releases (like The Holiday and Love Actually,) the other movies all stir childhood feelings. Elf has become a tradition in my family to watch it after our big Thanksgiving dinner. It has become the official kickoff for the Christmas season. Lifetime and ABC Family have less of a sentimental value but are always fun to watch the original movies. Nest year, I'm going to try watching more old classics along with the above movies and see if they can become incorporated into our families Christmas viewing traditions. 
  1. The Santa Clause
  2. Elf
  3. The Holiday
  4. Love Actually
  5. Home Alone
  6. Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas
  7. ABC Family Original Movies (The cheesier, the better)
  8. Lifetime Channel Original Movies (The sappier, the better)

2 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Yes to all except 2 and 6 (I don't like when Disney does those spin off things XD)
and then add in a bunch too XD I like far too many
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Unknown said...

Its that time of year again! Make sure to put Just Friends on the list too.