Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Baby Cakes Pop 'Ems


I'll be the first to admit, I'm not great in the kitchen. Even with the cooking class I took in Tuscany and a mother who should have her own Food Network program, I am a novice at best when it comes to creating dishes in the kitchen. For my final year in school and with living in an apartment, I was looking forward to really branching out and experimenting with that thing called a stove and that item known as an oven. With everything that happened with the flood, however, I was unfortunately without a kitchen for a number of weeks and got set back. I seized the opportunity of the down time I had when I was on break back at home at the end of September and played with my sister's new baking machine, Baby Cakes. I simply followed the recipe that was given and voila! cute little one-bite cakes to pop in your mouth. They came with lollipop sticks but I didn't use them as I knew that with my family, they would be gone before the day was over. Lies, I ate most of them before anyone came home from work or school. 

This mixer was a wedding to gift to my mom. Yes, after 26 years of service in our kitchen it still works. My mom refuses to throw it out.



3 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

That is so cool!!! I want one!!
Yea...I love cooking but I hardly have time, I've been trying to try out at least one new recipe on the weekends but I'm too lazy during the week to find one and when the weekend comes I scramble to find something :/
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Unknown said...

Wow, I've always wondered about this. Thanks so much for doing this post!

Unknown said...

Yummy!