Wednesday, August 24, 2011

How To Succeed


On Sunday, Nicole and I ventured down to Broadway to catch the 3:00 pm matinee performance of Daniel Radcliffe's show, How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. It was amazing, probably one of my favorite Broadway shows that I've seen so far. Even if you're not a Daniel Radcliffe fan, the story is cute, the music is a-mazing, the dances are wonderful, and the set production and costumes were so stylish and nostalgic of an old time 1960's New York City (think Down With Love). I definitely recommend seeing How To Succeed... if you were looking to see a Broadway Show.
John Larroquette signing autographs on the first night we were there

After the show, we were able to get the autographs of John Larroquette (J.B. Biggley) and the understudy for Bud Frump, but due to the rain, Daniel Radcliffe (J. Pierrepont Finch) signed extremely quickly and left. We were extremely bummed that we were unable to get his signature. However, the two of us were determined to get it, so after my internship yesterday, Nicole met me in Midtown, we grabbed dinner, and then we staked out the stage door for four hours. At the beginning, when the light was still out, the time passed so slowly. However, we were successful in getting Daniel Radlicffe's autograph along with John Larroquette (again) and Christopher Hanke (Bud Frump), it was worth it.


Christopher Hanke
John Larroquette
Daniel Radcliffe




Success in getting all the autographs!
 

I never thought I would be one of those people who wait incredibly long hours to see a premier or a show, but it was fun and totally worth it. Sometimes you have to get lucky but other times, you need to plan it out and be patient. We were standing right in the front, so not only did we get our playbills signed, but we were able to briefly talk to them. An awesome and exciting way to end my summer!

7 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Yayy!! :D
The play was SO good wasn't it! Dan was so funny :)
I saw it on a Sunday too but the day before we started to wait outside for an autograph but got tired, haha...I've met him plenty of times so we just left. :p I can live without his autograph since I've talked to him
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Oh to Be a Muse said...

that's so awesome that you were able to get all the autographs--go you! my hubby really wants to see this when we go to NY in 2 weeks. now that i've read your rave review, i think we just might!

The Blonde Duck said...

I've heard it's great!

Jackie said...

Wow.. Sounds like an exciting time. How great to get autographs as well.

Maddy said...

That's awesome!! And how nice of Daniel to sign autographs after the show. I'm glad to see him continue to push his career to new levels and be so accessible to his fans.

Couture Carrie said...

What fun!
Love these pics!

xoxox,
CC

Katie said...

I'm so jealous!