Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's T-Shirt Time

Ciao Lovelies,

Seeing as how it's all of the news, I'm sure most of you are informed that the Jersey Shore cast is filming their fourth season here in Florence. I'll admit that I have mixed views of the show as they do portray young Americans and Italian-Americans in a pretty negative light yet I can't deny how entertaining they are to watch, almost like a train wreck where you just can't look away. So when I got news that they were moving in on my final day in Florence, I sacrificed an hour in the middle of the day to watch them move in. And after our last nice dinner out, with the 6 new best friends that I made, we caught the cast walking around the city and followed them around.

I'm at the far right, in the middle of speaking.

I'm to the right of "The Situation's" head, with my friend Kate

I'll admit that I felt ashamed that I was caught up in the hysteria but it's a strange force that pulls you in. These people contribute nothing to society except entertainment and it's not even the quality entertainment that actors and singers provide you. Yet, because these people are on T.V. people, myself included, get wrapped in the thrill of being near someone "(in)famous" and will see what they're up to.

So what are your thoughts: Was it ridiculous that I spent several precious hours following the cast around with my group of friends? Can you understand the hysteria not only on reality T.V. stars but celebrities in general? What do you think about the Jersey Shore? Honesty is always appreciated :)
Eternally yours,
Stephanie

12 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Ugh HATE HATE HATE them!!!! I refuse to watch the show
But I probably would have done the same thing and gone to watch them be idiots :p
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Abby said...

I think it's a sad world when people like the Jersey Shore cast get paid waaaaaay too much to act like pure imbeciles, but I TOTALLY would've done the same thing you did!
I mean, that is just too cool ;)

Couture Carrie said...

So fun, darling!
Love your post title ~ Jersey Shore is one of my guilty pleasures!

xoxox,
CC

Abby said...

Stephanie~Thanks for your kind words on my blog. I too love how much you get to know a person just from their blogs!
I would LOVE for you to guest blog. I'm fairly new to the whole thing, but I think it'd just be easiest if you copy and paste your original post and email it to me at absblog123@gmail.com. I'll post it while I'm at camp. If there is a better way to do it, let me know. Just email me if you have any questions ;)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Haha so you literally just followed them everywhere they went? Was it planned or were they like "People give us some space!"?

That's cool you're in these pictures :)

Hated the show the first season and refused to watch. Then I gave in during the Miami season. It's bad reality TV so it's entertaining (to me).

I actually dressed up as Snooki for Halloween hehe!

The Blonde Duck said...

I would have been right there with you!

BEAUTYEDITER.COM – Beauty Blog said...

Great post dear, i tjs like it so much!!!
xoxo,

www.theblushingfox.com

Cafe Fashionista said...

Haha! I see you, I see you! I love that you followed them around - they're "celebrities" in their own right now, so I imagine that they don't mind being followed around. :P

Fashion Cappuccino said...

I'm going to be honest and say that I never watch the show and I simply don't want to ever. I think it's embarassing that reality shows like this even exist! So if I see them in real life, I wouldn't care at all. I'm a big fan of certain celebrities but I just like to admire them from afar, that's about it. I don't really care about their life. Glad you have fun walking around with them though! Looks pretty exciting! xoxoxoo

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

They are my guilty pleasure so I'm kind of getting a kick out of this!

little luxury list said...

It looked like a lot of fun. The show is ridiculous but you can't help but watch right?

Have a lovely week dear!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Sarah said...

I think you're totally normal! I agree that they provide nothing but entertainment, but I enjoy that entertainment! :) Great blog, I'll definitely be following you. Please check out mine and follow if you'd like :)

www.SimpleStyleSecrets.com