Just a short post with a few recommendations on how to pack light so that you won't have to pay a disgustingly high amount to check in a bag for a short one hour flight. Flying to Barcelona this past weekend taught me that lighter is better. The airline only allowed one personal bag on board with certain weight restrictions (and then they didn't even weigh it in the airport - go figure!) and to get the most out of our short time in Spain, we didn't check into the hostel right away so we had to carry our bags with us.
I literally brought the bare essentials:
- In my "Across The Shoulder Bag":
- Wallet with just enough money plus a security bill (for emergencies)
- Flip video camera
- Trusty hand held camera
- Phone (turned off so I didn't get roaming charges but had for emergencies)
- In my Carry On:
- Two changes of thin T-shirts
- A long sleeved sweater
- Enough undergarmets
- Leggings and a shirt for pajamas
- Travel sized toiletries
- A snack of inexpensive crackers that I bought in the supermarket
This is only packing for two days since I only stayed in Barcelona for that long - we'll see how packing goes for when I travel to countries for three or four days!
Ciao For Now!