Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Moscow Festival Ballet

Hello Everyone,
This evening, one of my friends invited me to accompany her to go see the Moscow Festival Ballet Company perform at Binghamton University's Main Stage Production. It was breathtaking! They performed Act II from Giselle and Act II from Coppelia. The scenery, the costumes, the lights, the dancing - it was all so magical.



I had my jaw opened the entire time. It was such an amazing experience to see these beautiful ballerinas twirl and jump and leap and glide across the stage. As a dancer. I cannot help but appreciate the beauty that was performed this evening. I was always considering taking dance classes over the summer to help improve my technique for ballroom, but now, I think I want to focus on ballet.Of course, starting out so late in life in regards to ballet, I could never perform in front of an audience. However, this evening instilled a passion for learning anything in regards to ballet. In Manhattan, they offer beginner ballet classes; I will definitely be signing up for those!


My outfit was very simple. Since this was the Ballet, I had to dress up more formally; up at school, I have very little formal dresses, so I took this simple summer staple, belted it with a colorful belt to give it a pop and add definition to my waist ,and paired it with stockings to make it more formal, along with heels and a blazer. Since it gets chilly at night, I added my light blue coat.


I am wearing: Dress: (Old Navy); Stockings: (H&M); Blazer: (Larry Levine);
Belt (Lucky Brand); Coat: (White Stag); Shoes: (Vintage)


This was my second Ballet that I have ever attended; the first time was when I went to see The Nutcracker with my sister this past December. I cannot wait until my next opportunity to see The Ballet!

Have A Lovely Wednesday!

11 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Sounds like you had a blast! And you looked chic doing so =)

Denisa L said...

sound like you had a great time!
awesome outfit,loving you booties;)

Maddy said...

I've never been to a ballet, but I've been dying to see one for years. It's great that you're trying something new! You don't have to be a professional in order to enjoy your craft :)

daisychain said...

Oh I adore ballet. And your outfit is great.

Marta from With Love... said...

Ballet is truly a magical experience, and being a ballet dancer for 10 years watching the show always takes my breath away.

I think that you should definitely try it out as there is not such thing as starting too late, and it would definite benefit ballroom a lot :)

P.S. that color looks stunning on you!


-Marta

Sherin said...

The ballet looks like it was fun! I love your outfit as well. The dress is gorgeous.

Julia said...

I love the ballet (I used to be a dancer when I was little) and my mom and I make it a tradition to see the San Francisco Ballet every year. In fact, we are going tomorrow to see the little mermaid and I am very excited about it!

xoxo
FashionEye

Hope Chella said...

Awe, I love ballets :) They are so beautiful and amazing! xx

http://hopechella.blogspot.com/

Cafe Fashionista said...

Oh, what an amazing evening! And you looked absolutely stunning for the occasion; so glad you had a good time!! :)

S.Elisabeth said...

I love ballet, but I never tried it. If they offered beginner classes I would so take them! (Reason # 394879 to live in Manhattan!)
And your outfit is adorable, perfect for a ballet.

Leia said...

you look so cute! i'd love to go to a ballet!