Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Living Space

One of the perks of being a college student is dorming. While I miss my family more than words (especially my mother,) I have to say I love the feeling of living on my own and making my own independant choices!

This past September, a new building was built in our dorming community and I was fortunate enough to dorm in a room with my good friend while also living across the hall from a bunch of other good friends. I was so excited as this new building is more like a hotel than the standard college dorm. Some perks included: carpeted hallway floors, a huge laundry room - yay! no longer fighting over three sets of washing machines and dryers. I also share my bathroom with only six girls rather than a full floor of girls, and finally, our living space is significantly more spacious.

Let me introduce you to my humble abode:



And there it is! This only my side of the room, Meg's is on the opposite. Also, the desk space is not as cluttered as it looks, I just have alot of essentials displayed on my desk. =)

4 comments:

Marz said...

Really cute room!
-Marz

daisychain said...

what a sweet little room

Teresa said...

Ahhh, I remember the days when I had to sleep in a dorm room. It wasn't about the room itself, but the person(s) you shared it with and the amazing times you had in it. I constantly think back to the synchronized naps I would take with my roommate (which now seem funny to me) and the many microwaved smores fests we had.

http://www.invasionista.com

Stephanie said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments!

And I completely agree Teresa, the experiences with such great friends are worth more than anything else.

Kisses,
Stephanie